Friday, November 18, 2016

Essay Reflection

Congratulations! You have just finished your first analysis essay for English. After reading a partner's essay and giving him or her feedback, you should have scored your own essay using the rubric for Ideas, Structure and Use of Language.

Take a minute to think about your writing. How did you feel you did overall on this essay? What was hard about it? What was easy for you? What do you think you most need to work on in your writing? Answer each of those questions, then set a goal for your own writing.

Example goals:
1. I will outline my ideas before I begin.
2. I will spend more time proofreading and editing my writing.
3. I will work on using evidence in my writing.

You can't use the above "example goals" word for word, but you can take the idea from one of them and personalize it for your own writing.

Due Tuesday, November 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment